Friday, December 30, 2016

Highlights of 2016


In the blink of an eye, 2016 is going to over.  Time seems to be passing so quickly, and I'd like to take a moment to reflect on 5 highlights of the year.  Thanks to Daisy Designs to hosting this blog link-up. 
My first born started high school! I truly cannot believe how fast the time as gone by.  I feel like it was just yesterday when she was getting her first big girl bed. It was adorable -  a yellow slug-bug style bed with a moon roof :) We would lay in her bed, and look at the glow in the dark stars on her ceiling.  Now, at 15, she doesn't think mom is cool enough to hang out in her room ;)


My youngest started preschool!  While one is too cool for me, the other runs to give me hugs and kisses when I pick her up from preschool each day - even in front of her friends ;) She is making new friends, learning to write her name, and likes to be noticed by all.


Our little bungalow is getting a makeover! My husband gets a bigger garage, and I get a mudroom - which means I don't have to do laundry in the dungeon basement anymore, and we've added a 1/2 bathroom.   It feels like we've won the lottery just by adding the 1/2 bath to our 1 bathroom house! Although I'd love to say the projects are complete - it's taking longer than expected, but it will be worth the muddy wait once it's done :)


Back to my oldest daughter...she went to her first homecoming dance.  This, too, was an emotional highlight of the year.  Everything about the day made me smile.  Her friend taking the time to come over and do her hair and make-up (thank you, Mattie), her great-grandparents being able to watch their first great-grandchild go to homecoming, and the photo session at her best friends house.  Everyone looked so nice, and had a blast!

Last, but not least, I have to highlight my job! I ABSOLUTELY love where I work!  Along with creating k-2 educational resources, I'm a K-2 Academic Skills Tutor at Coventry Elementary.  I am now doing what I love AND able to spend more time with my family!  It's the best of both worlds, and I couldn't be more thankful!

Be sure to hop on over to Daisy Designs to see how others are highlighting 2016.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! What an emotional year for you! Your daughter is beautiful and you have a fun few high school years ahead of you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great year---and your girls are beautiful! Here is to hoping your renovations get done fast and that you have an equally great 2017!

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete