Sunday, June 29, 2014

Time-outs

It's been a hot, muggy, week here in Ohio.  To stay cool, we've made lots of trips to the pool, and find activities indoors.  It's not always easy to keep a 20 month and a 12 year old entertained together, but I'm figuring it out.  

Skyler is starting to test her boundaries, and has learned all about time-outs. She DOES NOT like taking a time out.  She sits wherever I place her, and cries as though I've just destroyed her favorite toy. After a minute or two, I go back to her and remind her of what she did, and tell her what she should be doing, instead.

Since I am working on behaviors and boundaries with Skyler, I think I will modify my classroom behavior chart to work in my house.  At this young of an age, she would best benefit from 2 steps: green and red.  Good job, or time-out.   Here is a look at the behavior management system I've created for my classroom.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Classroom-Behavior-Chart-Color-Coded-Polka-Dots-1288921

1 comment: