Thursday, August 29, 2013

Back to School: Classroom Setup

Going back to school (work) has always been challenging. The kinders are too tired to function, and need LOTS of attention to make their day successful. All of us teachers are beyond overwhelmed with the changes and expectations, have mini-bruises from being tapped on the arms and legs a million times a day, are losing our voices from talking and singing so much, and don't have enough time in the day to get things done.

Around the house, we are adjusting to waking up earlier, getting everyone packed and prepared with everything they need, finding time for dinner, homework, attending to school functions, and so on.
I'm sure many of you have the same crazy lives right now. But, wow, it seems just a little more challenging now that we have an infant added to the mix :-)

Do I have time to sit and blog? No, I need to sit down and plan lessons for school, think of how I can create data folders, read for a class I'm taking, do laundry, and create a pre-assessment. BUT...I need a mental break. For the past week, I've fallen asleep working on school stuff.  This is my way to vent and take a break from it all.

As promised, I have pictures of my classroom. As you'll see...pinterest and TpT has been my inspiration this year.

2 comments:

  1. What a great classroom, Sarah. Where do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, I teach for a district in Northeast Ohio. We are so fortunate to have new buildings. The classrooms are great!

    ReplyDelete